Frame is the world’s leading media brand for interior-design professionals. As a global team, we work together with a collaborative, creative and transparent mindset. Frame is always seeking passionate and driven individuals to join us as interns, employees, and collaborators.
Managing Book Editor
Preferred Start: March / April 2021
Frame is the global platform for inspiration and intelligence in spatial design. Our mission is to connect makers, creators and clients with each other to help create spatial excellence across the workplace, retail, hospitality and residential sectors.
As part of that mission, Frame publishes a diverse range of books targeted at design professionals, students and industry leaders. The company publishes four books per year on average, ranging from monographs to sector overviews. We’re looking for a creative, confident managing book editor with at least 2 years of experience in publishing to join our team and help oversee and grow our portfolio.
The perfect candidate is a highly organized, reliable and flexible person with a keen eye for detail and excellent editorial and copy-writing skills.
• Overseeing/creating book publishing strategy
• Managing book projects, including budget calculations, planification and production
• Liaising with clients, prepress, printers, distributors and press
• Briefing authors, designers and copy editors
• Copy editing, fact checking and proofreading
• Passionate about spatial design
• A skilled editor and project manager with at least two years’ experience in book publishing
• A natural multitasker with excellent organizational and time management skills
• A collaborative and proactive team player
• Fluent in spoken and written English, with an excellent grasp of grammar, punctuation, spelling and style – no Dutch necessary
What we offer
• Salary conform to industry standards and 27 paid holidays
• Home office kit: Laptop, screen and software tools
• The opportunity to produce amazing projects and collaborate with industry leaders from all corners of the world
• A highly creative, flexible work environment
• A close-knit, dedicated international team
Want to apply?
Please send an e-mail to Robert Thiemann (robert[at] frameweb.com) with the subject line Application: Managing Book Editor and include the following:
• Your CV
• A cover letter
• Your availability – please keep in mind that this is a full-time position, which means 36 hours per week in our Amsterdam office*.
*At the moment WFH policies apply in the Netherlands. Permanent remote work can be considered depending on the time zone, if the right candidate is unable to relocate.
We aim to respond within 5 working days after receiving your application. Good luck!
Frame's interns are a valuable part of our team and we ask for a commitment of 36 hours a week in our office in Amsterdam. Of course, we can be flexible with regards to important study or work dates.
We're always looking for new collaborations with freelance writers in cities worldwide. If you're well-informed about your local design and architecture scene, plus have journalistic experience, feel free to pitch your story idea to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a selection of low-resolution images (JPEGs preferred) and a brief project description.